Why Use Our Radio Systems?
Many businesses have seen the time they can save with dispatch radio service. Many mature businesses have had their own radio
system for years. However, many newer businesses have gotten into radio dispatch service through buying cellular
phones from companies such as Nextel or Verizon, which have "Push To Talk" features on their phones. However, our systems
have quite a few advantages over these services.
- Save Money - We can help keep you from the crushing cost of having to keep an expensive digital cellular
telephone in the hand of all of your employees. If you need to talk around the Triangle (or
many other areas in North Carolina) then we can save you some serious cash!
- Communicate Effectively - Remember, cell phones cost you per minute. With our system, there is just a low, flat
rate monthly fee. Talk all you want, without dreading that bill at the end of the month!
- Stay in Control - Unlike with cellular phones or "fake" two-way radio service, you can hear what your
employees are doing. This lets you keep tabs on them and keeps you in control. It also makes it that much harder
for them to collude between themselves to your disadvantage.
- Share Information - All your employees on your system can hear each other, so there is no need to repeat
yourself to everybody. Private channels are also available to keep your private business private.
- Save Time - Since all of your employees are in constant communication with each other and your dispatcher, if any of
your employees has information about a situation, they can provide it instantly. Otherwise, you are stuck with calling each one
individually, and a 1 minute radio call becomes a half-hour exercise in calling each employee in turn.
- Prevent Cell Phone Abuse - Your employees can't use the system to call Afghanistan on your nickel, or stay on the phone
all day with their girlfriend. Also, should ALL of your employees have a cell phone? Or maybe just key employees?
- Talk Away from the Interstates - Our radio systems offer MUCH more coverage than the digital cellular companies
in North Carolina, who only cover heavily urbanized areas. Lots of business gets done away from these parts of the state!
Look at a coverage map for any of the cellular networks, and you will see what we mean.
- Increased Employee Safety - Dialing a cell phone is a dangerous thing to do while you are driving! With our radios,
there is a large, lighted LCD screen to indicate what channel the radio is on. Your employee need just pick up the mic, push
the button, and talk. This can be done without taking his eyes off of the road.
- Control Employees - With a vehicle-mounted radio, you will never hear any of these excuses: I lost the phone.
The batteries went dead. I left my phone at home. My girlfriend stole it. I dropped it in the toilet, and now it doesn't work.
The dispatcher's phone was busy.
- Reliability - All of our Kenwood Radios are built to mil-spec. This is short for "Military Specification."
This means that they are rugged, well designed, and will keep working through extremes of temperature, vibration,
and even driven rain.
- Warranty - Kenwood radios come with at least a 2 year warranty. All of our installations are warranted to be done to your
- Support and Expertise - Weaver Communications is an associate of Direct Call, Inc., which is run by some of the smartest
radio system guys out there. They love climbing up towers, installing repeaters, and doing the other magic that makes
the system work. Because of this, they don't have time to sell radios on their system! They rely on Weaver Communications
to sell, program, and install the radios and deal with you, our clients.